Subject: Re: Cap'in Bubba...
From: "Mr. Giark To You" <[email-masked]>
To: AMOS List <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 1997 10:13:11 -0500

On 16-Nov-97, Peter Cahill wrote:
>sfx: are the speach AND fx meant to be in the one channel ?

Yes. The other three channels are reserved for music. But, if the music is
turned off, the speech can be in a different channel. The BUBBA_SP and
BUBBA_FX variables hold the patterns so do it like so:

SAM PLAY BUBBA_FX,Sam# for fx
SAM PLAY BUBBA_SP,Sam# for speech

>     James NEEDs pics of a 3D bubba running in one direction
Adam! You get this done, pal!

>What way is the score going to be ?
>(eg. What should be the maximum amount of score you can get off
>     one bonus 300/3000 ? )

Well, let's not get too crazy. If a score for the whole game is around 500,000
we should be okay.

>What amigas and ram is the game meant to run on ?

Amiga with at least 1Meg chip and 1Meg fast, hard drive reccomended. ECS
minimum chipset. 020 or higher reccomended.

>Is there a maximum size of the 'level+files' ?

Nope. The level CODE itself must be 50k or under. The graphics and sound need
to fit in 1meg of CHIP ram. Your support files can be as big as you like.

>Is the game going to use a keyfile for regesterd versions ?

I don't know. Someone else is doing the protection scheme. Mush?

>How much is the game going to cost ?

Last time I checked, there were 10 people who felt that they had contributed
enough to warrant payment. Thus, $10 for the game. Obviously, the CD version
(if Keith produces them) will cost more, due to the media required. The price
will also be higher for floppy version, as we have to buy the disks. But email
orders from Mush will be roughly $10.

Well met and godspeed,
                      Giark
                                       [email-masked]
                                http://www.hicksville.dyn.ml.org/~giark/
     ______  ______    _____  .------------------------------------------.
    / ____/ / __  /   / ___ \ !     AMOS games, utilities, demos, etc.   !
   / /__   / /_/ /   / /  / / !                                          !
  / ___/  / ___  |  / /  / /  !       CyberSpace BBS (519)579-0072       !
 / /     / /__/ /  / /  / /   !     on A2000 060/50MHz (519)579-0173     !
/_/     /______/  /_/  /_/    !                                          !
   Fly By Nite Videe-Oh!      !  FBN Amiga 500 020 14MHz 1C/5F RAM 3.1OS !
         IAPA Member          `------------------------------------------'